Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Quicky

Loving the poker life!

My first 2 weeks were pretty pathetic profit wise, but as I say a small win is better than a loss any day of the week. Towards then end of the 2nd week I decided to try a new technique of pot size betting. As this is an expensive style of play I have dropped back down to 2/4 NL to test it out and have been down there since. Its a pretty good system and if you get hit with some good cards in the day you can get paid big as people expect you to bet pot anyway so if they have a piece its hard for them to not pay you off when you have something big. I also get to take down a lot more pots on the flop with out a fight, which is bloody nice. Anytime someone calls or raises me its a pretty easy decision for me as I either have it or I dont. On the rare occassion when I have a feeling or feel ballsy I may double barrel pot bet the turn. Fortunately for me it has worked all bar once or twice. I have also used the double barrel pot bet when a scare card has come and I think my opponent might fold to it. It feels so sweet when that works. As you can imagine I think this type of play will have a lot of variance, but so far I am loving it and the money feels relatively insignificant to me so I am able to make some of these ballsy big bet plays and not be worried about the money. I am sticking at 2/4 for now as I am enjoying this style so much. Not sure when I will go back to 5/10. Guess I'll just play it by air.

This week is shaping up a lot better than the last two combined. but considering I didnt make jack shit the last two that aint saying a ton.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home