Tuesday, September 26, 2006

9 Weeks

9th winner in a row and it was a doozy --> $4500 profit for the week....mmmm, yummy.

So this is my final week at my regular job, wow, so fucking awesome. I wonder if I will get stressed playing poker knowing its my only source of income shortly. I guess I will be fine until I have a bad stretch. To counter this would be to make sure you always have probably 6 months worth of living/bills/etc money saved for any terrible run you might have and if that is ever used up well then this poker thing aint for you!

It was my b'day this past Sunday and Alex, Mike, Bill and myself went and played golf and drank a lot while doing it. A great day. The plan then was to go home and get cleaned up, pick up the girls and go to dinner. But little did I know there was a surprise party waiting for me at Alex's house with some other friends as well. So needless to say a bit more drinking ensued.

I didnt play any poker on Sunday but played a few hours on Monday. I played one hand poorly to get busted as follows.

I raise to $35 in the CO (cutoff) w/QQ and the BB repots me to $120 and I call. Flop is something like 47J and he bets $140...it is at this point I made my biggest error. So what hands is the BB most likely to have --> TT-AA, AQ, AK. It is at this point in the hand I can raise and find out what he has. I think I should have min. raised him. He should fold AQ and AK and may or may not fold TT. JJ-AA he will either call or push with. Well unfortunately I decided to just call and assume he would check AQ, AK and TT for sure. Well the turn was a Ten and he bet $435 leaving himself about $275 (ie. he was pot committed). Now at this point I really am only ahead of a bluff. TT-JJ & KK-AA have me dominated. The correct and obvious decision at this point is to fold, so what did I do? Oh I pushed in and he called w/AA. UGH, terribly played by me.

The good news is I won it back on this hand. It was folded to me in the SB w/67o which I completed. The BB raised it to $35 total so I decided to take one off and hope to hit a nice flop. I hit that nice flop --> 985 w/2 spades. I checked and he bet $50 which I raised to $150, he called. Turn was a 5 which I dont suspect helped him and I'll pay off any boat at this point. I bet $275 into the $370 pot which he calls. River is a non spade blank two. A great card for me and I push in my remaining $650 which he calls holding QQ. Nice! Apparently I am not the only one who cant fold QQ, hehe.

The day ended up being a nice profit, just the way I like to start a week :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home