Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Impeccable timing

Monday was my official first day as a full time poker "pro" and its also the same day the govt votes through a bill on banning internet poker in the US! I dont know if ultimately it will hold any real teeth but party poker and pokerstars and stating they will close US accounts if President Bush signs it through - which he is expected to do by the end of next week. The other poker sites seem to be committed to contiuing business as usual with all their clients. I am not worried at this point and will just wait and see how this plays out.

Now as far as poker this week. Its been mostly a good week but no big winfall. I started well on Monday but towards the end of the night I lost a big pot w/AA that flopped a set to a guy the flopped the nut flush w/KQs. He lead pot into on the flop, and bet close to pot on turn and river. I called down based on the strength of my hand...oh well. Won like $180 for the day - hey at least I didnt lose. Day to went better and I won $1800. Today I have not played well at all. pretty disgusted with how I have played and at my weakness in certain hands. Apart from one maniac I would be down quite a bit. As it turns out though I am $350 up right now. If I play later who knows what may happen but I certainly cant play like I did today and dodge my way out of it. Anyway about $2300 up for my first 3 days as a "pro" and in all truth I cant and wont be unhappy about that :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home