Sunday, October 01, 2006

10 weeks

Well my comeback didnt slow down and I continued to make steady wins this week. It was like I every time I sat down for a session I would most assuredly win a buyin. Needless to say its Sunday and I probably wont be playing anymore today and I rest $5500 up for the week. There are still donkeys at the 5/10 level and I will give you an example.

CO limps and I in SB raise to $60 w/AKo, he calls. Flop comes AA2 and I bet 1/2 pot which he min raises. The turn is a Q and I check to him and he bets $150 which I push in on. He thinks and calls me w/QTs, drawing dead. This hand was actually today and I quit straight after having played about 20 mins and finishing $1200 up.

One thing I have trouble is playing long sessions, which is me anything over an hour. I also have trouble staying at the table when I win a buyin. I am happy winning $1k and just want to keep it. But I realize now that this is my job I literally have to stay at the table for at least 2 hrs a session. I need to play about 6 hrs a day, 5 days a week. So whether I get 1 or 2 buyins up in a session I need to know I am a winning play and keep on playin. I cant be scared of losing it all. i should instead be thinking how much more can I win.

My first day as a pro poker player starts tomorrow, lets see if I can do what I just said and maybe, just maybe book a big profit. Though of course obviously, as always, I will be happy with any profit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home