Friday, September 22, 2006

Nice river

So yesterday I was playing 5/10 and several times I had been the first raiser PF and was reraised to which I folded. Now we had a PRO playing at our table who was on my left and when I raised w/TT in the CO and he reraised me from the button I felt he was making a move on me. I called ready to decide what to do after the flop. Flop was 976 (goof flop for me), I checked and he bet approx $300 which I smooth called (may be a little weak as any overcard would scare me but I wanted to see what he did on the turn). The turn was a 2 or 3 (good blank card for me) so I checked to him and he bet approx $440. Now I didnt like that but pros LOVE to make moves so I pushed in an extra $250 over him figuring my TT is good and if it isnt I have 6 outs for trip tens or a straight. The PRO called and he had 9s7s for two pair. The good news, I was right about him making a move on me PF, the bad news was the flop hit him hard. Fortunately this gave me extra outs as I now had 12 outs to win the hand, so I was a 3 to 1 dog. The river was a beautiful Ten to give me the winner...yummy.

I did give some back later in a hand I feel I played poorly. I raised UTG to $40 w/KQo and only the PRO called. Flop was Qh7c4c and I bet $60 into $90 and he raised to $160, I called. Turn was Jc and I checked and he bet $300...this is where I need to decide whether I am ahead or not right now and either push or fold IMHO. What I actually did was call as I had the Kc. River was a blank and I checked to him and he bet $350 leaving himself $135 into a $1k pot. He was basically giving me 4 to 1 on my call. You can look at it 2 ways. He is laying me far too good of odds to not call thus wants a call, or knows what it looks like so is an excellent bluff. I folded wishing I had more time to think about it. I think if I was going to fold I shouldve folded the turn and saved myself $300. This is another example of why position is sooooo important. Another way to play this hand is to check the flop and check call down on every street. If he had a set or the flush I would've still lost a bundle but its a great way to have someone bluff at you twice whereas if you lead out they fold on the flop.

Anyway, my session was still a winner and the week is looking great again. Barring a disaster I will add another winning week to the streak which would be a great b'day present as my b'day is this Sunday.

HAPPY B'DAY ME!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home