Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Turnaround Monday

WOW. Had a great night last night at poker. Just what I needed after last weeks miserable performance. I had two 1 hr sessions at the $1/2 level. First session saw me win $450 and the second session saw me win $250 --> total for the night $700!!

First hand I won for the night was admittedly a marginal play by me but I went with the coin flip (probably still tilting from last week and forcing the action). I had limped in LP w/Ah8h and the blind raised to $6 (now if he had raised to $8 I probably would've folded) and I was the sole caller. Flop was 8xx. Memory fails me but I can tell you the flop was low and the two x's were both hearts, so I had a medium pair plus a flush draw. Opponent bet pot and I called. Turn was a miss and still a low card and opponent bet pot $60 and I called. To answer why I called...I put my opponent on a big pair and felt I had 14 outs to hit (an 8, Ace or heart) so I loosely called. The river was a low heart and I had the nut hand. My opponent bet $15 into the scare card and I paused to decide what to do. In the end I decided simply to push and he called. He had QQ.
I then one another medium pot with 99 that ran into a TT9 flop. Bet 2/3 pot all the way where my opponent called all the way after hitting his nut straight on the turn. Obviously he wasnt confident with it. Then I unclicked autopost to end the session $200+ up as is my want to do nowadays and had one other all-in hand which I wish I could recall but I cant. So that ended that quick session $450 the richer.

Took an hr break and then hopped back on. Lost an AK hand early with an $8 PF bet and a $15 flop continuation bet. Then I lost a gut wrencher. I had QQ in MP with one limper in EP and two callers after me, the n the limper SS pushed in for $60. I decided to just call not really expecting the other two also but they did. The pot was over $200 and I was salivating for it. The damn flop came with an Ace in it and I checked and the guy next to me bet most of his stack so I folded. The freaking moron had called with ATo. Grrrr, that pissed me off. I was then thinking I am $100 down and its just going to get worse (but it didnt!). Bit later I got AKo in MP and raised to $8 and got one caller. Flop was JTx and I made my usual continuation bet thinking I probably have 10 outs, he called. Turn was a pretty Q so I bet again $25 and he called. River was a nothing card and he had about $55 left so I put him all-in. He called and wasnt too happy. He was like "I figured you for a flopped pair but when you continued to bet on the turn I didnt think you would bet so strong with the nut straight, typical party play". If he wanted to get me off the hand he had to raise me big on the flop. If he had min. raised I may have still called.
Bit later came my big hand for the night. I was on the button with 22. Couple of limpers then a solid MP player raised to $7 which I and one EP player called. Flop came 288 (Jackpot!). Ep checked and MP bet $10 (very small bet). I figured he may have AK so I wanted to give him a chance to catch up and just called his bet as did EP player. Turn was a 4. EP checked and MP bet $25. This bet was too weak and I wasnt going to let it slide a 2nd time, especially with 2 opponents out there. So I paused deciding what to raise to and went with $60 which they both called! Now I knew MP must have a big PP. River was a 6 and EP lead out with a $55 bet and MP called. Now I needed to decide what EP had. My gut told me he had 8x (I just hoped not 86) and if he somehow had 88, 66 or 44 I would just have to pay him off. Thus I pushed in. EP called and after pausing for quite a while MP folded. EP had 87o. I believe the pot was $586 and I was ready to quit for the night. Before I quit I got dealt AA and raised to $8 and the SB called. Flop came T9x and I bet $15 and he called. Turn was a T and we both checked. River was a K and he bet out $40. I figured he sucked out with the Ten turn card but I had to call. He had QTo. The freaking dumbass sucked out with a crap hand. This has been my luck the past week, but obviously I didnt complain too loud as it was a huge night for me overall. Just seemed Ironic that my two most powerful PF hands that night were QQ & AA, both which lost me $60 each!

I have decided to go to my local gym tonight and see if I can get a 3 month membership. I just lost 15 pounds and ended my diet last night eating a Togo sandwhich with chilli soup and then choc. cake for dessert. To balance out my life I feel I need exercise and another hobby besides the all-consuming poker hobby.

Bring it on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home