Thursday, June 16, 2005

Tuesday: A Good Fold

I just remembered a hand from Tuesday night which I forgot to report which is worth mentioning. It was just after my big pot win with Quad Kings and I was ready to quit for the night. I got QJs in MP and limped into a 5 way pot. Flop came QJ6 (2 suits) and I lead out with a pot size $20 bet. The SS on the button called and EP player raised it $200 more. He had me covered and I had a decision on my hands. It was a hand saying I have the best and I dont want to be outdrawn by either a straight or a flush. The question was, is it better than top 2 pair??? My decision to fold was helped by the fact I wanted to quit the night up and I figured he must have trip 6's so I folded. SS on the button called and typed "I have pocket 6's GL". The turn was a J!!!!!!! I would've made QQJJJ. Aahh well, such is life. The river was a 6!! So shorty ended with quads...now then what the hell did EP have?...he had limped with QQ and also had a boat! WOW!! If I had stayed it would've been my QQJJJ vs. QQQJJ vs. 6666. If EP had let me see the turn for a smaller raise he ultimately would've lost the main pot but won a bigger pot off of me and I would've ended the night down.

WHEW!! I really dodged a bullet there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home