Tuesday, June 14, 2005

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

A gut wrenching night for me. For my 2nd attempt at 2/4 I had a plan in mind and was focused and positive. All of last night I played my "A" game and simply was making no wrong moves. In my first session I had a $270 profit, then came my second session...I am in LP w/AdQd, with two limpers before me, so I raise to $20. The SB calls as does the two limpers - not so good. The flop came all diamonds 9 high, EUREKA! MP bet $69 which only I called planning to jam on the turn. On the turn a harmless card came and he bet $300!!! I had $310 left so pushed it in. I knew exactly what he had -- trips -- and perhaps now he realized he was behind. The river paired the board and he won with his boat. That result totally crushed my spirit and really upset me...why?...because I really want to get off to a positive start at 2/4 and have some profits behind me before I run into these situations. I know they happen but let me get going first please! A few hands later I get KK and run into AA and lose another $250...ugh! I continued playing as quite simply reader, all night my game was on form, so I was hoping to get some of it back. And I did. I ended the night $100 down which isnt too bad afterall.

All-in-all I was very happy with how I played and now I feel comfortable at the 2/4 level even though I am overall $1k down for my 3 nights. I know if I continue to play like I did last night I will most definitely be profitable. I havent played so clearly and well for a long time. I cant wait to have another crack at it and as long as I dont have another bad beat I am sure I can turn this week into a nice profit.

May the river fall in my favor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home