Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Tough beats aahh keep aahh coming

Damn its hard to make a profit when you keep getting outdrawn. I am trying to recollect all the ones I faced last night...My first major one cost me about $150 when my QQ was beaten by a flush on the river. I underbet the streets, but ultimately I know I saved myself money as this guy would've called anyway. I lost when I had KK and raised a SS's limp up to $16. He only had $30 left so I bet $15 on the flop and he pushed. He caught his flush on the turn. Another hand I flopped the nut straight on the flop but the other guy flopped his boat on the turn. Another hand I had QQ in the BB and only the SB limped. I raised to $12 and he called. Flop came JJ8 and he had KJ. I think they are the main ones...None of them cost me a ton of money, which is the good news but overall they did put me about even for the night until one idiot paid me off.

I had KK on the button and a MP raised it to $15 and a LP called. I dont want two opponents so I raised it to $45. MP player raised it to $75. This $30 raise signalled to me a test bet to see whether I had AA so I figured him for QQ or JJ, possibly AA (cross fingers not). So I merely called to give him confidence he was good for now. The flop came K high so now I didnt care if he had AA. He bet $75 and I raised it $75 more which he called. Turn was an A, ugh...but he only has $100 left so I am not folding if he has it. He checks and I put him in and he calls. River was a K giving me quads. What did he have?......the fool played it out with QQ.

So far my short excursion into 2/4 has run into an unusual amount of tough beats and plan old suckouts. If I can get past those there is a lot of money to be made at this level. Even with all the crap last night I came out with a profit, thanks to the chump QQ player above. The night made me $350 and put me $250 up for the week.

I look forward to playing againt tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home