Thursday, June 16, 2005

Much of the same

Bleh. I lost about $280 last night which puts me down about $30-40 for the week. Got outdrawn with the best hand several times last night where the pots were medium size.
Lets see...I had QQ and bet pot on flop of 889 2 spades and the guy with 67 diamonds called and hit his 5 on the turn (I didnt put him on 67, doh!). Had Q5s in the BB and got a 557 flop with many limpers. I bet pot and got one caller, he has 99 and hits his third 9 on the turn. I had another QQ loss which I dont recall right now. And my one bad read of the night was when I had 77 and called a 4xBB PF bet. Flop was Ten high (I also have gutshot straight chance) and I lead out thinking he might have overcards. On turn I bet $60 and he called, at this point I think I am dead and when the river is an Ace I know I am dead, because I originally put him on AK but with his turn call I figured him for a higher PP. Anyway I checked the river and he bet and I folded - he showed AA, LOL. Bad read there. All of those losses put me down close to a buy-in and I had unclicked auto-post to quit and luckily managed to win about $100 before I shut down, thus only losing $280ish.

I keep waiting for a night where I dont get outdrawn on a strong hand and where I actually get paid off on a strong hand. I see it happening around me but not for me. Patience is a virtue and the good news is I am not down a ton. If I can ride the slow times like I am then all is well. When I have been reading big pots which I am not involved in I am doing a good job of reading the winners hand. It is so much harder when you are in the hand though to lay it down. My example would be the hand I had Q5 and he raised me back on the turn when he hit his 9 giving him a boat. I figured at this time I might be behind but unsure, a call is fine here. On the river when he bet $100 I really needed to fold, but didnt. I know if I was watching from the outside I could've picked his hand, being either a straight or a boat. I remember saying to myself if he has the boat I will pay him off...nononono, you know he does, DONT PAY HIM OFF!! This is where I need to strengthen my game. He can see the two 5's on the board and if he is betting aggressive then he must have better than that - FOLD!

Tonight we have a small home game at my place so I will only get in an hr session online before it starts. So lets hope I get some quick luck with a payoff or two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home