Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yummy

I played for no more than an hour last night because I got paid off early. My first payoff came when I had AA in mid to late position. No one had entered before me so I made a raise to $6 with 2 callers. The flop came 93x and the BB lead out with a $9 bet which I called and the other person folded. Turn was a 3 and the BB bet $10 and I raised $20 more which he called. The river was another 3 and the BB lead out with a $50 bet which I pushed in on and he called.
My hand - AA333, BB hand TT333. Profit of $175. Unfortunately I also lost several medium pots in the coming 30 mins to lose about $100 of that. For example an EP raised to 6 and I called from the blinds w/ JJ. Flop was Ten high and I lead out pot size, called. Turn was low again and I bet $25 which he tripled, I folded and rightly so I believe. Another hand I had AQ and raised a limper, Flop came Queen high and he bet and I raised and he called, turn was a King, one of the few cards I dreaded and he led into me with an $80 bet, easy fold.
Then the tide turned again in my favor. I was in the SB w/KK and the button raised to $6 which I called. Flop came Jack high and I checked and he bet about 1/3 the pot $5. Now I know and he knows that his bet looks weak so I could have any hand to go for a steal and raise him $10 more. Well he reraised me an additional $15 which gave me pause and made me think he might have pocket jacks (why I dont know). I called. The turn was a beautiful K. I checked and he bet pot $75 - I only had $150 left but decided to check and lead out on the river. On the river I pushed in and he called and indeed he had JJ for trip jacks, hehe, but I had KK for trip Kings! That pot gave me a profit of $195. I was now $280 up for the night and as I have previously decided was going to call it a night an unlcicked autopost and would play out the remaining hands until the blinds hit me. In the second to last hand on my final table I got 22 in UTG+2 and I limped. MP raised to 8 and I called. The flop came 28T and I lead out with a $15 bet which he called. The turn was a K and I actually got concerned he might have pocket Kings. Anyway I played weak and checked the turn and he bet $30. Now I decided if he did have trip Kings I was going to call him down anyway and if he didnt I decided to act weak so he would buy the pot. So I paused for a long time and called the $30 turn bet. The river was junk and I took the small risk of checking to him and he bet $100 which I insta-called. He had AK and I took the pot. Seeing what he had I wonder if he would have played the hand out if I had reraised him on the turn? Or if I had called his turn bet and lead out on the river with $50 he would've at most only called. So I think I got maximum return. Profit was $170 for that hand and one hand later I quit for the night. Total profit for the night $440. VERY SWEET! This sets me up nicely for a $1000+ week. I know its early but I am very keen for another $1k+ week. BRING IT ON!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home