Friday, May 06, 2005

Bodog bonus

For a while some of my poker associates have been raving how soft the play is at the Bodog poker site so I finally downloaded it this week. Then yesterday I got an email welcoming me to the site and they said that I havent deposited any money yet and would I like to play in a mini-tourney...sure, why not. The prizes were as follows:

1st Place: Free $100 bonus on a $100 deposit plus a $5 WSOP satellite tourney credit.
2nd Place: Free $75 bonus on a $75 deposit plus a $5 WSOP satellite tourney credit.
3rd Place: Free $50 bonus on a $50 deposit plus a $5 WSOP satellite tourney credit.

I'll also be throwing in a free copy of Barry Shulman's new book from CardPlayer Press called "52 tips for Texas Hold'em Poker" withyour initial deposit should you place in the top 3($20 additional value).

The tourney was last night and had 21 players. You start with 1200 chips and the blinds increase slowly. Quite simply I was card dead the enitre tourney and made extreme use of the "FOLD" button. As you would think in this kind of tourney people were dropping like flies and with slowly increasing blinds it wasnt long before we were down to 1 table and I still had over 1000 chips. Still hadnt seen any decent cards but doubled up with a SB J7o on a Jack high flop when middle pair called my all-in. Once again I simply folded away until we were down to 4 and I was at maybe 3-4k in chips. The CL limped with QQ and I checked from the BB with 57o and flopped the nut straight. I checked and it was bet and raised and I think I pushed and was called. He got trips on the turn but no boat on the river. That'll teach him for limping. He was knocked out shortly after. Soon after I was CL and then the next pivotal hand I had was AQ and I raised and was called by the other major stack. Flop came AT5 and I bet a medium amount and he raised huge so I pushed in and he called with A9. I held up and now had close to 20k in chips with only one other person left who had about2.5k in chips. I pressurred him relentlessly and we got all-in on my A2o against his KJs and neither of us improved. Sweet!

While I was doing that tourney I was also 2 tabling on Pokerstars. Playing my same aggressive style, I won some medium pots and lost some medium pots and stole plenty of little pots and ended the night $100 up. PS also have a 20% reload bonus on up to $120 currently on, so I deposited $600 and thats why I was playing there. Need 600fpp's to clear my bonus and earned 100 of them last night.

So far this week is going perfectly. Every night has been a profit and it has been a lot of fun. I have played one sng (3rd), lots of ring games and a mini tourney (see above). Aaahhh, if only it was this easy every week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home