Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Aggressive style

I have modified my style a little bit. If I am coming into a hand and anyone before me has limped I am raising even if I am coming in with 54s. Basically if I am betting it wont be a call it will be a raise. I dont know whether it was my imagination or not but a lot of the time I made a continuation bet on the flop I was NOT getting called but reraised. A lot of the time I had to fold as the flop had missed me completely. This happened a lot and I believe people picked up on this and reraised me just to test me and resteal the pot from me. Of course sometimes I have a hand and I get their resteal money. I got AA 4 times last night and came out slightly ahead due to the fact I almost positive I ran into KK and a K came on the flop. I bet in a way to find out whether he had KKK and am positive this is the case - cost me $85. But I won a nice pot on one of the others and a couple of small pots on the other two. I also lost with KK and QQ so my high pp's werent much help last night.

Betting aggressive (with control), I must say, is a lot more fun but has a bit more variance. Last night I got played back a lot and so was losing $20 a pop in those situations but the flip side is you tend to get more action when you do make a hand.

Anyway I was breakdancing around even when I was in the SB with AKo with about 4 limpers and the BB to come so I raised it to $15. I got a mp caller and the flop came KT7. I lead out with approx. a $30 bet and was called. I decided if he had trips or something else sweet I was going to pay him off, in otherwords, I was going all the way on this baby if he wanted to. The turn was another low card and I checked knowing he would bet. He bet $35 into an approx. $90ish pot and I decided my hand is somewhat vulnerable and I am happy with the size of the pot, so if he wants to play with me it will cost him everything and I reraised him another $150. He reraised me his final $18 and we saw the river. It came an Ace, giving me two pair. I ended up winning the hand and when I checked hand history he had called me down with KQ. Not the best hand to be calling a $15 PF bet. My guess is, because of my large $150 raise he put me on a steal with something like QQ, JJ and figured he was good. Sorry, no!

So that pot put me for the night +$200. Fine with me...goodnight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home