Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Monday blues

Overall a horrible card night. The flop missed me all night and I actually didnt feel like I got many premium starting hands either. I got a ton of pp's and saw every flop with them no matter the cost and didnt hit a trip once (exclusion to come). This would be in the range of 12-16 pp's for the night missed - now that annoyed me. I made one bluff for the night which I havent done for a long time and it failed. I was a blind with AK and two limpers so I raised to $10. Flop was 558 2 spades. I bet pot $20 and was called. Normally it is a check fold from there but my guess is because I was card dead I decided to try to buy it. I bet pot again $60 and was called. River also missed me and we both checked. He had called me down with 86 - WOW. He was right this time but damn, I wouldnt be doing that too often. Ran into other beats such as an all-in my a maniac which I called with my JJ, he had J2 spades. He got his flush on the river - priceless. I lost several small to medium pots also when the flop missed or compromised me and after 2-1/2 hrs I was down $300 - yuck. I was getting frustrated as I just wasnt getting hit with anything and hadnt all night, then when I was close to quiting I made $250 in 3 consecutive hands at the same table. First one was me in BB w/63o with a 33Q flop and making $50. Next hand I have AQ and call a $6 raise. Flop is QQx and I make about $80 on that and then the next hand I have QQ and raise to $10 on the button and get 1 caller. Flop is 36Q 2 clubs. I continue with aggression and bet $20 which is called. Turn brings an Ace and opponent has $90 left, he checks. I decide if I bet pot I may as well put him in so I do and he calls. No third club and he said he had the nut flush draw with a pair of aces. Next hand I had Q5s and called a min. raise to see if I could continue the rush but the flop missed me so I quit shortly thereafter. Thus I ended the night down $50 and was extremely happy at that!
Bring on Tuesday poker and let the flop hit me HARD!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home