Thursday, May 05, 2005

Be aggressive...be, be aggressive

Last night I got AKo a lot and I believe it paid off almost everytime - I am not talking anything big, usually just the PF bet but that is still good. I continued my new improved aggressive style and did not get as much playback on my continuation bets on the flop. Raising PF not only limits the amount of callers but gives you control of the hand. Your opponent generally has to have the flop hit them to be willing to call or raise any flop bet you make. So I would raise PF and bet again on the flop (where it often missed me) and win the hand. It is a great way to accumulate money and if you do hit your hand and get playback it should allow you to get paid off. At one point in the night I was up about $350 and I had 44 in SB with 5 of us in a limped pot. Flop came 245 (2 clubs) and I lead out with a $20 pot size bet, was called by one and raised another $100 by the button. It was a huge raise but I was willing to call it, the other guy wasnt. Turn brought the 3rd club and it scared us both and the hand was checked to the river. The other guy had A3 for a straight. I ended the night $250 up though so I have no complaints. That $250 was made up with a lot of continuation bets and a couple of medium sized pots. I was very pleased with the night. Same again tonight please...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home