Friday, May 13, 2005

Even stevens

Its now Friday and I have played 4 nights this week. Monday had a profit of $125, Tuesday I lost about $225, Weds. I lost about $100 and Thurs. I won about $230. So I am up a few dollars at this point. What I have learnt this week is that if I get myself up a buy-in at any point during the week, I should quit for the night right then and there. For example, on Monday my highpoint was about +$250, Tuesday $+200 (how did I manage to lose $400 from that?!), weds. I didnt have a high point but was as los as -$200. Thurs. I had told myself if I get to even for the week to quit. This happened in the first hr and I quit immediately.

At the start of the week I was thinking I'll play the entire session no matter my wins or losses during it but by Thrus. I started thinking...I am trying to make like $400-500 a week profit and if I can get +$200 on any given night that is such a big chunk of what I am hoping to get that week I should quit right then. Why you ask? Well quite simply it is easy to blind away $200 in a session and if you have some losing hands another $200 on top of that.

If I had quit on Monday and Tuesday when I reached +$200, this week would be looking hot. Instead I have managed to break even.

The flipside of doing this is I will never go on a blinder and win $800 in a night because I will quit at $200. But I am in no rush to make chunks of money, my goal is to make a CONSISTENT $400-$600 per week and thats it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home