Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Quads x 3

For the third time in 3 weeks I ran into quads - the one outer.

I had 88 my opponent had 7x - his kicker didnt matter because he had to get the 4th 7 to win.

Flop came 787, K, 7

WOW. From this never having happened to me before I have now been on the losing end of it three times in 3 weeks with very stong hands. Brutal!

I also ran into many other suckouts last night, it made me chuckle as I realized it was just one of those nights. But not everything went against me. Here is one hand I enjoyed winning.

I had J9s in the BB, 3 of us saw the flop in an unraised pot.

flop came Jx9 - 2 spades.
Pot was $7 and I bet $5, next guy called and final guy raised it $10 more. I honestly was happy at this point to take the pot and give terrible odds to anyone chasing so I raised him $60 more. Unless this guy has trips or my cards he should definitely fold. Well caller folded and raiser reraised me all-in $100 more. I called. He had pocket aces and got no help.
Note: people, dont limp with aces.
He seriously needed to lay those aces down though. What did he think I would reraise $60 with?

Anyway, that and a couple of other medium pots allowed me to be $125 up for the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home