Sunday, May 01, 2005

All-ins and the river

What can I say...

I have been all-in 5 times this week as a heavy favourite and on all of those 5 times I have lost on the river. We all expect it every now and then even a few times in a row, but all 5? Let me run them down in order of merit.

5. I had a flush and my opponent boated on river. This is when my 3 flush cards fall on the flop and we get all our money in on the turn. So not only is he lucky but stupid. (10 outs)
4. I have a straight and he flushes on river. (9 outs)
3. I have KK against TT and he rivers a straight. (6 outs)
2. I have 66 and trip on flop and boat on turn, board is all low and his JJ boats higher on river. (2 outs)
1. I have AA he has 33, flop is A3J and he quads on the river. (1 out)

So the worst odds I had was a 3 to 1 in my favor all the way up to 975 to 25 in my favor. I also found it funny that all my losses occurred on the river. I am hoping this terrible streak will end this week and I can leave it at 5 in a row. Because of these all-in losses I havent played much this week as I quit after each one and I really had to quit after each successive one as each new one was more frustrating than the last and playing on tilt is never a good idea.

I dont have the figure in front of me exactly how much I am down this week but its approx. $750. I put this down to one of those really big downswings because obviously I played my hands right but the river gods did not reward me.

Will the river gods be generous next week?....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home