Saturday, November 25, 2006

$100K

Now that I reached it I can tell you my personal goal (to reach by the end of the yr) was $100K. Well these last 3 weeks have been awesome so I reached it a month earlier than I was anticipating. I actually hit it on 11/21. I am rather happy!! hehehehe :-)
These last 3 weeks I have played (for the most part) excellent poker and EVERY single time bar one that I have been down in a session I have either broken even or turned it into a winner by the end of the session. I almost feel invincible (yeah right!!).

Actually I just had a session where I was reminded of the reality of poker...

I had AA OTB and the HUGE stack at the table raised $35 in the cut off (CO) and I popped him to $135. Flop was Q84 and he checked and I bet $210 and he pushed, I called and he showed JJ!!! Unfortunately the turn was a J...DOH. Then not much longer I got KK and lost $500 to a guy w/AA. Fortunately I was making hands on one of my other tables and this last hand helped me end $800 ahead.

CO raised to $35, I in the SB called w/66 as did the BB. Flop was 6K9 and I decided to lead out on the flop and hope someone had the King. So I bet $60 into the $102 pot and the BB raised me to $165, CO folded and I smooth called. The turn was another K. Now this I assume is a beautiful ACTION card for me. If he has the K he most likely wont fold it so I decided to lead into him again with a $300 bet and he pushed over me w/KJ and I held up on a blank river. I really enjoyed that hand.

So now that I reached my goal early, anything I make from here out is cream. Obviously I still want to make lots more but the pressure is most assuredly off. I am planning probably in the 2nd week of Dec. to play a ton of poker and see what happens when I dont walk away after getting $1k up, which has been my strategy up till now.

Life is definitely good right now :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home