Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bad Saturday

As has been usual have been playing very little poker but living life more. Last week was going along ok until Sat. morning where in one session I lost $1100 due to some tough beats.

Example: I flop a flush w/67s and a guy bets $28 and I min raise which he then triples, so I push and he calls w/top two pair and boats on the turn.

Next one I raised and flopped top set with 2 calls 78T flop and I bet 3/4's pot and am raise $100 and I decided to flat call (if I had pushed I will say he would've folded??). Turn was an unattractive 9. He bets about 2/3's pot which is about 1/2 our remaining stack and I decide to just push and he insta calls w/QJo...DOH!

I know I lost two other large pots to similar brutal beats. Oh I do remember flopping Top and middle pair and betting the flop and turn, to have him push over me on the turn with just top pair but hitting his higher two pair on the river.

Anyway, that ruined my week but I did manage I small profit.

I am only playing 1/2 - 2/3 of what I used to so my opportunities to make significant cash arent there. Thankfully still making decent money and I just hope once this is full time I get into it big time. Doesnt help that I bought a computer game 2 weeks ago that is very addicting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home