Friday, August 18, 2006

Fun session

Having a nice week so far plus I got my rakeback from last month.

Was playing 2/4 on fulltilt last night and noticed early one player was betting very aggressively and from oop (out of position). He bullied me out of 1 or 2 pots before I had a read on him. Though when it came down to it my read didnt really matter as I had the nuts when I played him.

He raises EP, LP calls I call in SB w/99 as does BB.

Flop comes Q93 and I check as I expect Mr. Agg. to bet but its checked around.

Turn is another 9...QUADS BABY. Although I think I wont get any action I bet out $40. BB folds and Mr. Agg. raises $40 and LP calls. The board has two flush draws and some straight draws so I think I can probably get some more money out of draw hands now so I raise it to $160 and only Mr. Agg. calls. River is the Th making a heart flush possible. My opponent has $245 left so I put him in and he calls with KJd for a rivered straight and missed diamond draw that came on the turn. Pot: $958. Any good player should know I had a boat (or better) on the turn.

Not long after he raises UTG and I have AA and pot him from the button. He only reloaded for $120 and he decides to push in w/KJd. Same hand goes down again.

A hand sometime before these two I had raised OTB w/KT and him and one other called from the blinds I believe. Flop came KQJ and he leads out pot as I have seen him do before. Very scary board but I am not giving it to him just yet and call. Turn is a K and they both check so I put out a scary 1/3 bet of $65 and only Mr. Agg. calls. River is nothing and we check it down and he shows J9s.

Needless to say this guy made my session. I quit after only 1hr $1k up, 3/4's of it coming from him :-)

My August month is now on track thanks to this week.

Oh and after much thought I instead decided to use vacation time to break up the remaining time left at work. I am taking off 2 weeks with just 6 weeks left to go. I like that idea much better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home