Monday, December 05, 2005

Last month of the year

I made my goal and cleared $1250 for the week. Only had one real bad session this week which was Sunday morning and I lost $400. I didnt do anything real stupid and I actually had a lot of great cards but the board and my opponents cards outdid me...what can you do? In 2 or 3 days I will have enough points to clear my bodog bonus and there will be a cool $3k coming my way...mmmmmm...

I have noticed that my money hands (sets) have not been hitting me as of late. I have had to earn my wins the hard way. I am either missing all my low pp's or the one time it comes no one wants to play. One hand annoyed me last night if the guy had just played it straight up. A guy in MP limped and I raised to $20 (2/4 table) from CO w/QQ, button called and the MP raised another $83. I figured I was behind and folded. Blind and MP got it all-in. BB had 99 and MP had AA. Flop: Q83. Very annoying. If he had just raised PF, I would've called and then taken a bunch of his money.

Saw another interesting hand on a 2/4 table. One limper and the blinds see the flop of TT8, SB checks, BB bets $4, LP calls, SB pushes for $220ish, he was called by the BB who had T4. Now what did the SB have.........T8!! If you can workout that play please email it to me. I saw him do that several more times pushing in about $300 or so into $20 pots. I also saw him limp w/QQ with an A high flop and call down a bet on every street. Have to love these players who have no idea, especially as I managed to get about $250 from him. One hand I had AKo and raised two limpers to $22 and said Donk calls from the BB. Flop comes QTx, he checks and I bet $35, he calls. Turn is an x and he checks and I badly decide he is such a donk I may be able to buy him out (I should've known he is a donk who will call with anything) and bet $75, he calls. Turn misses me and he checks again...do I try to steal the river? No, I have done that too many times in the past and it hardly has ever worked. So I check and...win...huh? Donk had AJ and was chasing the straight...

Next hand against him same scenario I raise $22 he calls this time I have QQ, 789 flop and he checks and I bet $35, he calls, x turn we both check, x river he checks so I decide to value bet and bet $55, he calls. He shows AK for A high, hahaha. He called me based on our previous confrontation. Aaaahhh, life is good sometimes.

So there are 4 weeks left of playing for 2005. I currently have earnt $28k online $1.2k live and will earn $3k in a bonus this week putting me at about $32k for the year...not too shabby. My goal in the next 4 weeks is to make an additional $3k to hit $35k for the year...thats $750/wk. Its good to have goals :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home