Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Luck is a fickle mistress

So very first hand of the night I am dealt 86h and the flop comes 4h5h7s...WOW!!...SB bets pot, BB triples it, I call, SB folds. Turn was another 7, which was one of the worst cards I could see. BB checked and I made my big mistake of the hand (though not disgustingly terrible) and bet about 1/2 pot, BB called. River was Jc card and BB lead out a 3/4 pot bet...as much as I figured he probably had a boat I was going to call...he had 7h4c, UGH! First hand of my night and I lose almost a whole buy-in with a monster hand, what a great way to start the week.

The good news is later on I had the dice rolling my way. I limped in w/KQs and the flop came Q89 2 hearts. One person weak bet, next person raised it a little over double and I called. In my mind I thought the raiser may have JT...(first bettor folded). Turn was the Qh and the raisor bet out strong but I still put him on the JT and figured I would try to steal it from him representing the flush and min. raised, he called, DOH! The river was the ever so beautiful Kc. Guy checked to me and I put him in for his remaining $60 which he called with....JTo! So I got very lucky on that one. My chances after the flop of winning was 3.7%...SWEET!

The night ended up giving me a $160 profit...after my start a most pleasing night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home