Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Rivers havent been kind for a while

Played good solid poker last night and was making a nice profit. I am getting frustrated with river rats sucking out on me as they have numerous times over the last week. I get all their money in on the turn and they hit their 3-12 outer. There is no way to bet out people who will chase like this...2/4 table: I call $8w/AJs, 5 of us see a flop, flop come AT2, 2 hearts and EP bets $20 I raise to $40, only he calls. Turn is another 2 and he checks (he has $121 left) and I decide I am ahead and will price him out of any hand and put him all-in to play --> pot is $100 and I bet $125...he calls w/QJh (12 outer) and hits a river heart. He was getting 1.8:1 pot odds on his 3:1 card odds...it wouldnt normally bother me but this is just the kind of crap I am running against recently. That btw is the most outs one of these luckfishes has had against me in these river losses. usually its 3-8 outs all our money in on the turn.

How about this Fuck-Knuckle...2/4 table: UTG and EP limp and I raise to to $24 w/KK only UTG calls. Flop is J9x and he checks and I bet $40 and he raises $40, I call. Turn is a 9, he bets $50 ($130 left) I call, River is a J (which I hate) and he checks??...Why would he check?? I have no idea but I am not betting so I check too. FK has 9To!! So not only did he make a bad PF call and then a bad Flop raise but then he didnt capitalize on his suckout with a river bet. Why didnt he bet? Did he think with my PF raise I had AJ or JJ??? Saved me from a river decision...freaking idiot.

I ended the night up $320 but like some other nights all I could think is it could've been so much higher. Either way a very good start to the week. My goal is of course $1k+.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home