Wednesday, September 07, 2005

My "B" game

I played a little loose last night and got jiggy with some marginal hands and got outplayed early.
I thought I was down a ton in the first 30mins of playing (like $250) but I cant have been, so I'll guess I was down somewhere between $150-$200. I lost $50 early with AQs when I was the aggressor PF and a limper called me and then on my continuation bet of $20 on a 8s9d9s flop he min. raised me which I called and check folded to his $50 turn bet. I also lost $40 from the BB w/J7o when the flop came J58 and I led out $2 and was min. raised. Turn was a 6 so I now had TPSD so lead out with $6 and was again min. raised. River was an Ace and I checked and he bet $20 and I thought about this one for a long time and called because I had seen so many donkey plays up to this point that I figured it was even money my hand was the best - he had J8. As seems to be the case with me when I start losing I start opening up my PF hand selections and thus limped w/5c7c. Flop came A46, blind bet $6, UTG min. raised and I called (normally I will fold - I dont like chasing) because I simply wanted to hit. Turn missed me and I called UTG's $24 bet, river was an Ace and he bet $24 again, I suspect the river gave him a boat.

At my high losing point I was looking for any reason to quit thinking I would play just a little longer. My 3 highlight hands of the night came soon after.

UTG raises to $6 and I call w/QdJd along with one other. Flop is AKT 2 hearts, they both check and I bet $10 and UTG min. raises me. I decide to let him be the aggressor with the nuts and hopefully milk him bad. Turn is a Q which I obviously hate to see and he checks. I am not going to give any free cards though so I bet $40 which he calls. I suspect UTG has trips at this point and hope for a safe river. River is a low non heart card and he checks again with $57 left, I decide to put him in and he calls - he had AA for trips. Profit $125.

UTG min. raises to $4 and I raise him to $12 from EP, SB & UTG call. Flop is 5d5c9c and they both check to me and I bet $30 to take it down now. SB folds and UTG raises me to $90 and I decide to push in (UTG and I had about the same money $230). Now at this point in hindsight I think I played this hand badly. I certainly didnt suspect he had a boat at this point but he could very easily have had AA/KK - his play certainly mimicked it. He called my all-in and had one of the few hands I was ahead at this point to but still a slight dog to, KcQc. The final two cards missed him and I took a big pot. Profit $240.

EP raised to $10 and I called from MP w/KK (EP had $83 at start of hand) and I was wanting him to be the aggressor so I could go for his entire chip stack. Flop was 48J and he bet $12 which I called. Turn was one of the cards I didnt want to see - an Ace - he bet $24 which I called. River was a T putting 3 spades out there and he checked. Once again I made a marginal decision and decided to put in enough so he had to go all-in to call (an additional $37). The question is what hand will call that bet? Two reasons I did it, though I dont know how good of value those reasons were. (1.) I was willing to risk $83 from the getgo so when he checked the river it gave me some confidence, so I felt like risking the final bet (2.) I dont respect shortstacks at all and know they play marginal hands and will call with marginal hands. EP ended up calling and had QQ, one of the few hands he mght have that I actually beat. Profit $83.

I quit soon after that last pot and somehow made a total profit of $270 for 1hr's play. Considering I was down a lot very quickly and not playing the best poker I was very, very happy to come back and be so far ahead. That win puts me $200 up for the week.

My ex came over last night to see my condo and met my new roomie and we hung out for a while. We had a good time and I am finding it easier to get along with her the more time goes by. I even offered the possibility up of her coming to my housewarming...we'll see about that one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home