Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Poker Groove

On Monday night I played a session of poker and it was just one of those nights where the flop misses you the whole night. Didnt lose a ton simply because it was pretty easy to fold when I am not hitting anything. Ended down $130 for the session - rather boring. I of course hate starting the week off with a loss but what can ya do?

Last night I played a couple of sessions and got off to a great start when I raised to limpers to $15 w/AKs and one of them called me w/KQs. Flop was K high and he check called me the whole way for a $300 pot. I then promptly went on to lose most of that when I called an $8 bet with AQs along with one other from the SB. Flop was Q high and I checked, raiser bet $17 and got called and I raised it to $60. Raiser pushed in for another $60, other folded and I begrudgingly called. He had AA, DOH! My memory fails me yet again but I ended my first session $230 up. Nice to get in the positive early. Took a break and pottered around the condo doing some work and then played for another hour and won another $130. Thus I am now $200 up for the week! I like that a lot. By then end of this week I will definitely have enough Bodog points to clear my $1k reload bonus...aaahhh, life is good.

I do recall one hand...

I limp with about 5 others w/Th9h from LP. Flop comes 568 rainbow. Everyone checks and I figure I have 10 live outs, 4 for the nuts so I'll make a semi-steal attempt and bet $8, Sb is sole caller. The turn is a 7, putting 2 hearts out there (7 & 8) so I now have the nuts plus a straight flush draw. Sb leads out with a weak $7.50 and I thought he may have paired his 7 but I wasnt going to make it cheap and raised to $25 which he called. River was a 4 of hearts and he checked. Sb only had $60 left so I made a $40 bet which he called, he had T9o! I am surprised he didnt get all his money in there on the turn. He whined about that hand, lol.

Off to IKEA tonight to pickup a dining room table and bookcase and whatever else catches my fancy. And hopefully TONIGHT I will put together my bedframe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home