Monday, August 29, 2005

BR Week 33

G'morning and welcome to a fresh new week...bleh. I am very tired and can hardly keep my eyes open at work...I am sure I will fall asleep at least once today at work.

Total profit for week 33 was $1300 putting my total BR around $17,400. Any week over $1k is a great week in my book. What I noticed this week that on some big pots I held up and here and there where I needed to suckout I did. Was ususual to have to rely on luck to have helped me win so much this week but I happily took it.

I have about 400 points left to earn to clear my $1k bonus at Bodog - I assume I will get that completed this week.

I went and bought a nice microwave and a 27" flatscreen tv for my bedroom. Its nice to think that my poker wins this week paid for my comp. monitor, my tv and my microwave :-)

I need to buy a drill from Home Depot so I can put together my bedframe. I think its about time I had a drill - it will surely come in handy. This week I also want to buy my dining room table and hopefully some living room end tables, bar stools and an entertainment stand.

Here is one hand I played over aggressively but ran into a couple of donkeys who had worse...

I have TT in MP and raise 2 limpers to $12 and I get 2 callers.

Flop: 259(2 hearts) SB bets $10, EP raises to $20 and I reraise to $40, both call.
Turn: 8 (2 spades) They check to me. Here I have to decide whether I am ahead or not. I decided SB was on a flush draw and EP was testing with a pair, thus I push. SB has about $110 and calls, EP has the same amount as me and calls too.
SB has K5o! (obviously a maniac)
EP has A9o! (must've thought I had AK??)
River misses them and I pick up a huge pot on a very marginal hand against a couple of donkeys.

Also had another one outer pulled against me on Sunday.

I have AA on the button and raise one limper to $12, limper calls.

Flop is 47J (2 clubs)
Limper bets $6.50 and I decide to push hard on the turn when a non club shows or instead represent the club flush easier or stop him from trying to.
Turn: Ac
Limper bets $2 and I raise to $22, he calls. He only has $40 left so whatever he does on the river should be telling...
River: 4s
Limper pushes in, Sweet! I dont care if he has flush now as I just top boated...unfortunately Limper has pockets 4's...

Considering I only played half as much as usual I am very happy with the week and how nicely the cards fell for me. I hope it continues this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home