Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Managed to scrape through unscathed

Honestly didnt feel like playing last night but I put in a session. I had 4 hands that ran into trouble last night.

1. Raised 1 limper from EP/MP w/QQ to $15 and a true MP min. raised me which I was the sole caller to. This min. raise can easily represent an AK hand wanting to control the aggression - I see this play a lot, so I didnt necessarily think I was a dog just yet. Flop came K high with 3 hearts and I have the Qh's. I check, he bets $30 which I call. Turn is a nothing, I check as does he. I now put him on AA with no Ace of hearts giving me 11 outs to come through. River is a Js and I check as does he, which in my opinion is a good check on his behalf. With my PF raise I most likely have JJ-KK and he is only ahead of QQ.

2. I have JJ and raise to $15 and the same guy as above calls me. Flop comes 678 2 spades and I bet $25 and he pushes in, which has me covered. I can easily see him doing this with 99 or AQ-AKs. But I just dont want to bet $160 on a pair of jacks so I fold. If I have AA I will make the call but not like it one bit -- if I have the Ace of spades I like it a little bit more.

3. I have 56s and limp into a family pot which has 2 extra new player come-ins. Flop is 55J. Its checked to me in MP and I bet $12 and one of the new players in EP calls. Turn is a K with the board now having 2 cards to 2 suits. My opponent has about $55 left so I put him all-in. He kills me with his J5.

4. I am in the SB w/KJs. UTG min. raises, button calls as do I. Flop come J high, I check, UTG bets $8, button calls and I raise to $25 and UTG is sole caller. Turn is a nothing card but I am a little wary now so bet a nominal amount of $30 which UTG calls. The river is a nothing card and I decide to check call a reasonable bet. UTG checks behind me and shows AA...

So the night wasnt going especially well for me but somehow by the time I quit I found myself $100 up!! I was pleasantly surprised with that as I thought I may have got myself $25 up. So that puts me $500 up for the first 2 days of the week...very nice! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home