Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Good start to a fresh week

Played a nice long session last night and booked a $400 profit. Didnt win any all-in hands but got paid quite well on a one hand and booked some medium pots. Not much stands out in my memory...

One hand I limped w/66 from EP a MP raised it to $8, I and another called. Flop came 67Q (2 spades). EP checked as did I, MP bet $8 and EP called. I wanted to raise quite a sizeable amount to represent a scared hand (ie. TP) and also make the potential flush draw pay extra so I raised to $30 - MP was the only caller. Turn was a nothing card and the pot was about $86 and I thought about overbetting the pot but decided just to bet pot, surprisingly he called. I figured he was a Donk chasing his flush and I was almost tempted to check the river to give him the opportunity to bluff but decided just to push - he folded. That was my biggest pot for the night and I am pretty damn sure the rest were medium size. I dont remember any major suckouts against me so the cards held up pretty well for me last night.

I love starting a fresh week with a nice win :-)

Oh, just remembered one other hand worth mentioning. I limped into a family pot from the button w/QTh's. Flop came AhJh8s, MP bet minimum and I raised to $8 and only he called. Turn brought the Kh (JACKPOT!!!!!) and MP lead out a $20 bet which I just called. Turn brought an Ace, which may have cost me money...and MP checked and I made a $25 bet to get a call hoping for a raise...he called and showed a flush w/75h's. Doesnt beat my ROYAL BABY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home