Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Personal ATM Machine

I got back from San Diego at about 4pm Monday so I was able to play a couple of sessions of poker afterall. First one was a 2hr session trying to get a bunch of fpp on Pokerstars to work off my reload bonus. I made $125 for that session. The second session I had one guy pay me off several times when he really shouldnt have. I liked him a lot, hehe. Even with him paying me off I still had hands that didnt hold up, such as AA KK. Let me tell you about the AA hand as I am sure a lot of people wouldnt have folded like I did...

UTG raises to $8, I am in MP and call, LP calls and BB calls.

Flop: 567

SB moves all-in for about $125!! UTG pauses and folds and I pause as I debate my decision. This move by the SB typically means a PP with a OESD, eg. 88. There is also the chance he has 2 pair, eg. 67 or trips. The best scenario was he had 88 or 44 but in both those scenarios he had a 42% chance to hit one of his outs. If he had 2 pair or trips I would be in trouble. I decided I have only invested $8 and with a lot of unknowns decided he could take it.

My paydirt hand of the night was my third payday against the same opponent (he had $270, I had $290). I was SB and dealt AA with two limpers so I raised to $8 and only my friend called. Flop came 755 and I believe I bet $15 which he called. Turn was another 5. At this point I would be more than willing to payoff someone with a 5 or 77. I bet $35 and he raised me $35, now rather than just calling him I decided to min. raise back as we still had plenty of reserves left and I wanted all of his. Thus I reraised him $35 and he called. River was a K which didnt scare me but probably would him. But at this point the pot is big so I just pushed in which would cost him about $140 to call. He debated a long time but did eventually call. He had Q7s for the lower FH. That pot was the biggest I have won to date, equalling approx. $540...yummy!

I quit after that hand with a second session profit of $345 and a total for the night of approx $470. A fantastic start to the week. I should clear Pokerstars bonus tonight in a bout an hr and then I will move over to Bodog and work on clearing my bonuses there for the rest of the week.

I feel very confident I can reach $10k by the end of this week...wish me luck! :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home