Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Bodog - screw them!

So when I initially joined Bodog they invited me into a free tourney which I won. My prize was a 100% matching bonus up to $100 and a couple of other things. So I deposited $100 for that bonus and then another $500 for the 20% initial deposit bonus. I lost a big chunk of my money early on this site so had to reload another $600 to be able to multi-table at $1/$2. This third deposit also gets a 20% matching bonus. Thus I have 3 bonuses due, totalling $320 and I have to earn 3 bodog points for every dollar in bonus. I have now cleared enough points for my first bonus and ask them if I get it now. Their answer is I have to clear ALLLL my bonuses before I get any of them. WTF?! Think of it this way...if you are a losing player and are having to constantly top up your account to keep playing the level you want to, you will basically never ever get a bonus because each time you are depositing they are adding more bodog points required. Its basically an all-or-nothing bonus scheme. I told them it was BS and that once I have cleared my bonus points they will never earn another dime from me. I have to earn another 660 points which will take me no more than 2 weeks. At least I will have $320 to look forward to. But after that, they can KMA! I will be quiting the site for good.

Onto last nights play. WOW, what a suckout fest. A lot of the players on bodog are simply terrible. They are chasers, do not understand the value of a kicker and will call with middle pairs. Needless to say I lost to 4 flushes, 1 made on turn and 3 rivered. and I lost multiple times with TPTK when their lesser kicker hit on either the turn or river. It was one of those nights where if it could go wrong it would. As many hands as I lost I kept them as minimal as I could and for my session lost only $170. This is what cracks me up about fish players. Of the three flushes that hit on the river (I had position over all 3), they all checked on the river, which I did too. So all of them chased without the odds to catch and then when they hit they got no money from me. Freaking monkeys! Another example for you...5 of us in a limped pot it comes down K75. All checked to the button who bets about 2/3 pot, SB calls. Turn a J, SB checks, button bets half pot, SB calls. River an x both check and SB wins with the hand J9. Can anyone tell me why SB even called the flop bet?

So I quit, had something to eat and chilled for a little bit then hopped back on. I do not enjoy losing to these fish so want some payback. My second session for the night the cards started hitting me. I got QQ several times and won all of them to of them BIG pots where both times I got trips. One of them I would've folded but an idiot played it stupid. Check this out.

So I raise from MP to $10, LP calls, BB calls as does an EP limper. Flop comes K54. BB checks, EP bets $6 (um, ok...I'll call that), LP folds and BB completes. Turn is a 9. This time it costs us $10 each (I am not convinced with the betting I am beat). River is a Q (sweet!). BB checks, EP checks and I bet $50. Suddenly BB wakes up and raises me $50. At this point I dont think I thought about the hand enough and simply called him worried about trip Kings. If I had taken a moment I would've realized there is almost zero chance KKK would play the hand this way. Anyway I won the pot against his AK. But seriously how easily could he have taken this hand away from me? CHUMP! I got trips 3 or 4 times in my second session and quit after about an hr having made back the $170 and another $190 on top of that. I went to bed a happy man starting off Monday the way I like with a nice profit of $190.

Would it be possible to have $1k weeks back to back???? :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home