Friday, May 27, 2005

Bodog players

The quality of competition is not very good on this site and is the only reason I am seriously considering staying here. In my opinion, or perhaps just recent memory, they are the worst I have seen on any of the sites I have been on. They chase all the time time and play very marginal hands. I won with a hand last night which I lost a huge pot in an identical play last week.

MP raises to $4, I raise to $10 (with AA). MP calls.

Flop is 494 (my memory fails me but I think 2 of one suit)

MP bets $12 and I raise to $30 and MP raises me approx. $50 more.

Now at this point I am either well ahead or well behind. If I am behind I am paying him off and if I am ahead I am happy for him to remain the aggressor. Thus I call his $50 re-reraise.

Turn was a 3 I think (no 3 to a suit) and MP pushes in and I call.

River is a K and MP has TT vs my AA. An easy $200 gain. Last week it was the same scenario but the river brought a Ten.

BTW, that was my very first hand of the session and as is now my policy I quit straight away and went and watched a DVD (Matrix Reloaded).

I hopped back on after the DVD and played another 90mins and made another $100 with some small and medium pot wins. A $300 gain for the night for about 90mins work - I like it! Puts me up $700 for the week and sets me up perfectly to have another $1k week. Having said that I am making a sacrifice to the Poker River Gods so the week doesnt turn south on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home