Monday, July 24, 2006

River Madness

I have just had my worst 10 days of poker ever and I dont know if it will continue to 11 or more yet. Did I play bad? No. Run into bigger hands? No. What does that leave?

I lost count but there was AT LEAST 10 times I got all my money on turn or sooner and lost to the river card. Of all those all-ins I was every single time the favourite in the hand.

Where I was least fav. was 51% vs 49%
After that I believe the next worst was 2 to 1, then 4 to 1. Most times I was a 4-6 to 1 favourite over my opponent and I LOST EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! After about four of these all-ins you start cursing and it gets worse until around the ninth or tenth where you simply expect to get outdrawn.

It is furstratingly amazing. How does one get it in as a huge favourite and lose every single time?????????? A very cold run for me and considering this is occurring at the 5/10 tables you can imagine I lost a lot of money.

Next Step: I played as well as I could but I just cannot afford to play at 5/10 for now. Thus I am dropping back to 2/4 and will do my best to grind away at that for a couple of months. If I can win a decent amount over those 2 months I will then give 5/10 another shot. I know I can beat 5/10 unfortunately the negative variance had hit my BR (bankroll) too much to continue.

Meh, such is life. I will be back. Stronger. Faster. Richer.

Internally I am still baffled at losing all those hands to river cards. It just seems so improbable and a cruel joke. I can tell you I have said the "F" word a lot in the last week.

Anyway, I have to regroup now and forget what I lost and just try to continue to grind away. There will be time enough to take another shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home