Thursday, July 27, 2006

An All-in Win

I finally won an all-in when I was a big favourite...WOO!

2/4 NL SH

MP limps as does the button and I raise from the BB to $20 w/AA and only the button calls. Flop comes 4c Th Jc and I bet out pot fast for a couple of reasons. 1.) to try and rep a hand like AK, 77-99 trying to take down the pot right there and 2.) its a draw heavy board. Button calls me instantly so I immediately think he probably has a pair of tens, jacks or a draw. Turn is the 6h, a safe card for me and I decide to check to see what he does. Button pots it straight away and I decide I am most likely ahead and if he has JT or 44 I will pay him off so I push all-in and he calls w/KhJh. I had to dodge 9 hearts, 3 kings and 2 jacks and I did! YEAH BABY! FINALLY!!

This week I was hoping would be my comeback week and additionally have less stress associated with the amounts gambled. I had a preset goal I wanted to reach for the week and I am $550 away from it. I have confidence I will reach it. Its nice to be confident again :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home