Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The "ALL-IN" Curse

The curse continues...

Was all-in once on Monday. I raised w/AK got called by two. Flop K94 I bet 3/4 and was pushed over by a 1/2 full stack which I called and he had KT, runners Q and J made sure the curse stayed alive.

On Tuesday I was all-in just once again. UTG raised and it was folded to me in the SB and I pot raised him back w/AA and he called. I squarely put him on TT-KK, AK and had a plan in mind on a good flop. I got my good flop of 345 and I insta potted it. I see AK hands make this cont. bet all the time and usually AA-KK is more likely to value bet that safe flop. Thus I hoped he had a big pair and at least called but more likely pushed. He pushed w/QQ and I called. Unfortunately the turn was a Q and no 2 or Ace came on the river.

So am I cursed? Thats approx. 12 all-ins now where I am a slight to huge favourite and I havent won a single one of them.

I have changed my mentality to stay sane and make a wry chuckle and shrug it off. Of course if this curse continues I dont know if that shrug will continue to work for me.

The first time I win an all-in I will post it here. Maybe today?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home