Monday, September 26, 2005

Not much online poker

Was busy with friends and parties for a big chunk of last week so didnt get to play much. Ended up winning another $75 overall more than my previous post on Sunday. I had won $200ish teaching a friend Tim play but then went I got home I lost $200 with AK, $32 invested PF and the board came A24, my opponents held AA and 35o...think about it.

We had a poker party (that happened to coincide with my 31st b'day) at Tim and Leigh's house -- Thank you again guys, the party was SWEEEEEEEEET!! -- The main event was a $30 buy-in and we had 18 players. The blind structure was long enough that you could be patient for about 4 rounds until you had to start getting jiggy. Half the people there were real novices and I just sat back early and watched the hilarity and bad beats ensue. I didnt do much of anything until I got to the final table before opening up. Any strong hand I was pretty much pushing with and the reason I ended up winning the whole shebang was because I held up on 3 all-ins that were coin flips. The 2nd place guy was a great sport and winning was a very nice b'day gift --> 1st price $240.

This week is going to busy again and I have my house warming party this weekend, so there probably wont be too much poker going on. I hope the 2/4 success continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home