Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Little bit closer

Won $130 last night, winning a bit here and a bit there. I actually got a lot of strong hands last night but very little playback. I also hit trips 4 times but once again no playback. I won a nice pot where I limped w/T9s and MP raised to $6 which I was sole caller. Flop was 478 and I checked and MP bet $5 which I raised to $10 trying a small semi-bluff figuring he may just have overcards giving me 10 live outs. Mp called. Turn was a J and I had my straight so I bet 1/2 pot $15 which MP then raised to $40 or $45 and I paused for effect and then pushed (he only had about $30 or $40 left. He ended up having pocket 8's but didnt boat on the river. I made about $100 on that hand. I dont recall if it was last night or the night before but everyone folded to the button who made it $6 and the SB called as did I in the BB w/66. Flop was J6x and we checked to the button who bet $8. I decided to raise hoping the button had a strong jack at least and I was going to represent I had a Jack and wanted him to fold so I raised it to $24. Button paused then raised me another $40. I figured he was committing himself to the hand so I pushed and he may have had about $60 left which he called with -- he had KK and no King came. I am glad we got it all-in on the flop as the turn was a jack and that would've probably scared him off, not to mention the river was an Ace. I was just hoping he didnt have AJ!

Only $400 to go till I hit $20k!!!!!! If I can be similarily successful at $2/4 as I am at $1/2 there is no reason I cannot make $30k in my first yr. WOW, who would've thought?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home