Friday, September 23, 2005

First week at 2/4

So I have played 3 nights so far this week. Monday +300, Tuesday day off, Weds. -200, Thursday home sick +1350.

I have fully come to grips with 2/4 and found it to be very similar to 1/2 in its opponents and style. The only difference is obvious --> the money. It has been exciting to me to play for higher amounts and its fun now betting in the hundreds, whereas before that would basically be the amount putting you all-in. Yesterdays profits was very cool and scary at the same time. It was scary because it all happened so easy and definitely made me think why do I need a day job when I could be doing this? I definitely am not quitting my day job this yr or next year but it was scary just that I thought that. I played 6 quick sessions yesterday of about 1-1.5hrs long and only one of them was a loser (-$10). And I must say it wasnt an usually good day as I lost plenty of pots and lost one full buy-in when I majorly overplayed QQ vs JJ that tripped. Amazingly I have already earnt 1/7th of my bodog points required to clear my $3k bonus ($430). I am not positive yet but I think at 2/4 I earn the points quicker as the rake is on avg. higher than at 1/2 - makes sense.

With the potential to be making a lot more money and the level being new to me I have a desire to play a lot more and yet at the same time I get bored playing it too often. That might be a good balance right there....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home