Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another day

Decided to play in the X-pack last night which would be my first time back in about 6 months. Its an invitation only small tourney fill of mostly DBPOKER members. Considering I practically never play tournament style I was very happy to walk away with 2nd prize out of a field of 29. To get there I bluffed once with a river push after calling small bets on the flop and turn - I had air. Twice I hit my flush with overcards and a flush draw.

While that was going on I was also 3 tabling at the cash tables and getting outdrawn. My worst was losing AA vs KK for $120 of my money. I was down a lot at one point and made some small comebacks and then this hand. Couple of limpers and I raise to $12 w/JJ and an EP limper reraises to $22, I call. Flop is JTx. EP bets $20 which seems a rather paltry bet so I am not going to slowplay it and test raise him another $20 (at least that was what I was trying to represent), he then raised me another $20 (retesting me?), I call. Now I am ready to slowplay looking to jam his turn bet. Turn is low and he jams for $140 and I call with the nuts. River is an Ace and I hope he doesnt have AA --> he has AQs!! The question is what would've I done if he had played it the same way but I hadnt tripped on the flop? I quit after that hand $50 up on the cash tables and another $50 profit from the tourney...not too shabby afterall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home