Tuesday, September 20, 2005

1st night of 2/4

An interesting night of 2/4 filled with some interesting hands and interesting folds and a one in a million lucky break for me.

Question what do you do when you are the PF aggressor with TP say AA/KK and the flop comes
QT3 (2 to a suit) when you bet 3/4 pot and are min. raised? This play had me in a quandary. It could represent so many different hands and probably is representative of a hand that has you beat somewhere between 50-75% of the time. But how do you find out without costing you half your chips or all of them? Think about it...it could be AQ testing whether you have AK or a medium PP. It could be KJ also testing you. It could be a flush draw or even a straight and flush draw. It could be 2 pair or trips testing whether you have a overpair and hoping you get jiggy with it. It could be a total bluff and testing you. What the hell do we do to find out? Is it something we should bring into our game and use against others when we dont have the hand to beat an overpair but no they will fold to heat? I hate getting min. raised and I still yet undecided on how to play aginst it when I have an overpair. Advice would be appreciated.

I had the above situation happen to me...I had AA UTG and bet $16, UTG+1 and CO called. Flop was QT3 (2 to a suit) and I bet $35, UTG+1 min. raised and CO folded. I decided to min. raise back, UTG+1 called. In all honesty my min. raise tells me nothing, its a useless bet. Turn was anothing card and I had to decide whether I felt I was ahead or not...I decided I was ahead and pushed. Just as I pushed the poker site went crazy and all 3 of my tables were paused and no action could take place but my time clock continued to wind down...WTF?! Would my bet be counted, would I be forced to fold, would it be a forced check down??? After a minute the tables came back online and my AA bet was not counted and it was a forced check down to the river. As it turned out UTG+1 had QT and I would've lost my buy-in!!! How fucking luck was I?!?! That crash saved me $270 - whew! I hate min. raises and they are a very powerful weapon whether bluffing, semi-bluffing or with the goods.

I won a nice pot against an opponents poorly played hand. MP bet $8 and I called w/AJs as did BB. Flop was AJ4, BB checked and MP bet $7. I figured MP either had an Ace or a J and I was hoping he had an Ace with a strong kicker so I placed a bet that looks like it wants the pot right then and there and raised to $21, BB folded and MP called. Turn was a 9 and MP checked and I bet $60, MP called. River was a 7 and MP checked and I bet $125, MP called w/AQ.

I played for about 2.5hrs last night and ended $300 up thanks to the sites crashing, hehe. Either way its $300 more in my account and just the start I needed at 2/4. I feel more confident betting the amounts I do and can see that my usual game should still work at this level. Couple of times I bet $20 PF w/AQ and continued it on a missed flop with a $40 bet and was min. raised and forced to fold. That happened twice and is an easy way to lose $120...thats the kind of numbers I have to get used to.

I look forward to playing again tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home