Wednesday, July 13, 2005

More of the same

Lost another $250 last night and I admit I played a little weak tight. Last nights pockets cards were filled with a ton of single gap and connected suited cards. I dont recall any of them hitting so they sucked a ton of money from me. Once again I ran into a situation like last night where I riased to limpers to $12 w/JJ and one of the limpers pushed in for $170. I folded. I honestly hate the all-in from the other player if he has AA or KK as I think you make more money by calling or raising to say $30 and betting pot on the flop.

Another hand I had KK and called an $11 bet from EP as did 1 other. Flop was QJx. EP raiser overbet pot, $40 and I assumed he wouldnt bet that much if he had trips, but I hadnt discounted AA yet - I was the only caller. Turn was a nothing card and he checked and I debated on the size to bet and went with half pot and if he called would push-in on the river. He called. River was an Ace and he led out with a $65 bet.
Board: QJxxA
I laughed out loud and typed in LMAO as seriously, what could I beat at this point??
His river bet told me he had something and his PF bet usually means JJ-AA, AQ-AK. Of all of those hands I beat ZERO and split with KK. I folded.
He asked why I folded and I said you got me on the river. He told me he had AQ and I believed him.
I know there was one other hand I lost on the river but I cant recall. I also kept on missing the flop or hitting middle pair with suited connector cards, ie. very weak.

So that puts me down $600 in 2 days and back down to $11,350. Although I am not losing money I have not gained any in 3 weeks. I am starting to question myself and I really shouldnt, but I will take a closer look at my play and look if I am wasting money anywhere. I feel I may be betting too much with marginal hands and calling too high of a PF bet with some hands.
Eg. I called a $7 bet with 22 which was raised by another to $21. First guy called as did I. Should I be paying the additional $14 to see the flop with 22? It will hit once in 8-1/2 flops which would mean I would spend ($14 x 8.5) $119 for it to hit on average. So I would need to be positive I could at least make $120 profit when I actually hit it for it to be worth calling in the long run. Is that a leak or would everyone call it?

Well I have a party tonight so I wont be playing. Taking off tomorrow from work to recover from the most likely hangover. So I should be able to play several sessions on Thursday. Lets hope the cards and opponents are more generous to me then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home