Friday, April 22, 2005

Hot and Cold cards

On weds. night I got a TON of high PP's. AAx4, KKx3, QQx3, JJx4 and I only made significant money of KK once. Most of the rest were simply blind steals or when I lost with QQ and JJ. With my Aces I tried raising 3xbb, 4xbb and 5xbb and all times only got the blinds. And of course when I make those raises with something like AQ I get 2 callers. Weds. night didnt start well when an opponent chased an OESD and hit on the river. I had priced him out of the draw with my 2 pair but he chased anyway, such is life. I ended the night up $100 so all is well.

Thurs. night was the total opposite. I was card dead for the most part for practically 3 hours. I actually started the night well when my 88 tripped on the flop and I got a SS's entire roll. After that , nothing! I folded, folded, bet and folded, folded, bet and folded for the rest of the night. The only high pp's I saw for most of that was QQ and JJ which I both lost with. In the thir hr I saw AA twice and made $18 combined from them. SO I was about $100 down when I got KK in MP. I raised to $6 and a LP called me as did the SB. Flop came A4K, sweet! SB checks, I bet $8, LP raises to $24, SB calls and I raised$40 more (it may have been better if I just called...). LP folded and SB went all-in (he had me covered) and obviously I called. Last two cards helped neither of us and SB showed 44 to have the losing set. Was about a $414 pot for me and time for me to quit for the night. So for 3 hrs play my winnings basically came from one hand and I ended the night up $125.

Friday night I have friends coming over so I may only get an hr or so plays in before they arrive. Its Sat. & Sun. that will ultimately decide how my week shapes up as I get twice the play in as I do in any weeknight. I really want to have a $1k+ week and am so overdue for it. It WILL happen this week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home