Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Some days just dont work

I cleared my $50 bonus last night at Eurobet - I needed to play 250 hands to do it - and this is a good thing because it was my only profit for the night. Poker is very frustrating when you have nights where anytime you get decent cards the flop misses you entirely, or you flop continuation bet is called when all you have is overcards, or when you have high PP (say QQ) and someone has KK. Well that was my night. The first hour I literally blinded away, bet and missed flops and a couple of continuation bets called to be down $100. Then I got QQ and raised and was reraised slightly more, which had me thinking "oh great". All 5 cards were below Queen and all I did was call him all the way to see if he had them and he did, KK - cost me $100 to verify. At my lowest I was down about $230. Then I my PF cards started getting better and the flops started hitting me and I really had some monsters but I could not for the life of me get someone to pay me off big. Luckily I got enough of these strong hands to make back every penny I was down and thus my $50 cleared bonus was my only profit of the night. The only thing I may have done wrong was when I actually started getting hands pushing too hards with my bets and having people fold to me. I believe its because I really wanted an all-in pot but my opponents never had the hands to play that and it would've been wiser to bet smaller just to get some extra cash. Oh well...I am jusy very happy that I managed to get back to even. I didnt play poorly to lose the $200 so it was just one of those nights. Perhaps this means my next session will be hot....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home