Thursday, August 10, 2006

Patience

Have finally started to come right. I tightened up my game and only open up on the CO or button. On the loose website I play at night I am really sticking to this because god damn the people there are donkeys and call down with anything. So on that site you just need patience and only play the hands that have a good chance to be the best and when you hit bet it out aggressively - you will be paid if they have ANY piece of the flop.

So I hope to stick to this gameplan for all my future games because its safer and will pay off. I have been lucky enough to hit some sets recently though so that helps. I have also come to realize sometimes you have to make big calls with a so-s0 hand.

I raised to $16 in EP w/JJ and the button called me. Flop came 578 and I bet $28 into a $36 pot and the button insta minraised me (he had $150 remaining). Now I took some time to think about this and figured he didnt have QQ-AA as most people reraise them. So he could have 2pr, the dreaded set, 99-TT or a 6. I wasnt sure whether to call, fold or push. If I call will I fold to a turn push? What happens if a Q-A comes? I decided I have an overpair, he doesnt have a big stack, he also insta raised which usually isnt a sign of major strength so I put him all-in. He insta called. But guess what this dufus had, lol, Q5s (no flush draw). Thankfully I held up.

Lets see if I can finish off the week in the same fashion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home