Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Call and fold

was the name of my game last night. Any reasonable hand just kept missing the flop or any draw I chased for the right price missed. Believe it or not this does suck quite a lot of money from you and I was down close to a $100 without having ventured too far into any hand. Hate starting a session off like that. Of course the other things that sucked are then getting big hands and everyone folds to you. Also had 99 in the SB and 996 hit the board, 2 hearts. It was such a great flop I didnt know how to play it right. I checked as did everyone else. I believe the turn was the Queen of hearts so I checked again and had one small bet. I either called or doubled it (not sure). River was another Queen, crud. I lead out with a $10 bet and he folded saying he had 23h's. In hindsight I think I should have lead the flop with a 3/4 pot bet. 1/2 pot bet on turn and if just called, push on the river. As I did play it, on the river I think I should've overbet say $50 in the hopes he had a Queen. Good situation to remember for the future.

The night did pickup somewhat and I managed to claw my way back and twho hands helped me gain a profit for the night...

1st hand I had KK and raised $6 UTG and had 2 callers who was button I believe. Anyway flop was J high and I lead out with a half pot bet $8, one fold and a reraise of about (memory fails me) $14-$20 more. I thought about it and reraised him min. He called. Turn was non-scary but put 2 diamonds out there and I decided not to mess around and payoff any hidden monster and pushed, he folded. He asked me what kicker I had and I said K, he said he had a 9 and didnt think I had the Jack. I let him assume I did and said my reraise was a test of his hand. This conversation I believe set me up for the next hand we butted heads on...

PokerStars Game #1509854591: Hold'em No Limit ($1/$2) - 2005/04/11 - 23:55:58 (ET)Table 'Arneb III' Seat #5 is the button
Seat 1: Manger ($116.15 in chips)
Seat 3: apnu34 ($244.05 in chips)
Seat 4: bluey1000 ($215.35 in chips)
Seat 5: BPA234 ($451 in chips)
Seat 6: thejusman1 ($200 in chips)
Seat 9: MOBstar ($117.05 in chips)
thejusman1: posts small blind $1
Fox 002: is sitting out
Fox 002 leaves the table
MOBstar: posts big blind $2
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to bluey1000 [Ad Ac]
Manger: raises $2 to $4
apnu34: folds
bluey1000: raises $4 to $8
BPA234: folds
thejusman1: folds
MOBstar: folds
Manger: raises $14 to $22
bluey1000: calls $14
*** FLOP *** [As 4s 7s]
Manger: checks
bluey1000: bets $20
Manger: calls $20
*** TURN *** [As 4s 7s] [9h]
Manger: checks
bluey1000: bets $100
Manger: calls $74.15 and is all-in
*** RIVER *** [As 4s 7s 9h] [7d]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Manger: shows [Js Jh] (two pair, Jacks and Sevens)
bluey1000: shows [Ad Ac] (a full house, Aces full of Sevens)
bluey1000 collected $232.30 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***Total pot $235.30 Rake $3

Remember how I hate flushes...get my trips on flop but also get 3 spades. The good news is I wasnt scared as he reraised me meaning he either had a high PP or AKs. Seeing as the Ace of spades was out there if he had AKs it wasnt going to hit this. Now he very easily could have a spade in his hand, namely KsKx so I decided to bet hard. When he called my $20 flop bet and the turn was still a safe card I decided not to mess around and make him pay everything to catch a river. Like I said I think he called my bet a lot of it because of our previous convo and also because he felt perhaps a 4th spade would make him good or even a 3rd jack. He would be right only about the spade but AMEN it didnt hit!

This put me $100 up for the night and I had already played for a while so decided to end it all right then and there on a positive note.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home