Wednesday, February 15, 2006

A most excellent session

Had a very fine day at the tables yesterday. Still lost a few big hands but also capitalized on a few other big hands. When I lose I tend to lose minimally, my worst loss was a $400 pot my KK vs AA. But that was followed up shortly after with this hand

UTG limped, EP bet $18 I called w/AA, UTG called. Flop AT2, UTG checked, EP bet $26, I called, UTG called. Turn 8, UTG bet $60 EP folded, I raised $60, EP called. River T, UTG checked I put him in about $180 he called. AAATT vs 222TT.

Lost in a simialr vain w/QQ vs a $12 PF bet I only called. Flop was K high and he had KTo, but I only lost another $20 and we showed down...cheap loss there!

One trick I have up my sleeve is to try and get some extra money out of an opponent I suspect is on a draw who misses on the river from last position. I check quickly on the river willing to call any bet and plenty of times they try to buy the pot. Example, I have KQ in BB, few limpers, flop comes xQT (2 diamonds) I bet $12, Turn a 6 I bet $24, river an 8 (no third diamond), I checked immediately and het bet $50ish which I called instantly, he had KJo. At first he said nice call, then he said actually it was a dumb call but whatever, then he said I could easily have had J9 ya know...LOL. Sometimes when someone bets big on the river they actually have a better hand than me but overall it has been a profitable move.

Another hand I had J2o in the BB and the flop came JJQ and I led out $12 into about a $20 pot, MP called me. Turn was a T, I checked he bet $40ish, I paused a long time but called. River was a T, so I figured/hoped a split pot but perhaps I am ahead...he had $140 left so I bet $70 and he called w/AQ.

Another hand I had KQ and 5 of us saw a limped pot. Flop was 48Q, checked to me in last position and I bet $15, SB called as did EP. Turn was another 8, they both checked and I decided it was prudent to check too. River was a Q, SB bet $57, EP called leaving himself $1 and I raised $57, SB folded (HA!), EP called his $1 - he had K8! I liked how I played that and am unsure what I would've done to an EP push on the river with no further help...

Oh one other major hand that was a tickler...UTG raised to $14 and I called w/JJ. Flop came x8Q (2 spades) and he bet $15 and I raised $15 (testing), he called, DOH! Turn a J (sweet!), he checked and I bet $65 (pot about $90) and he raised to $150...I didnt like that but called - it stunk of a set of Q's. River was an A (no 3rd spade) which I really disliked and he pushed in and I had almost $200 left...I took a long time to decide as I am only really ahead of KK but I feel you have to pay off with set vs set so called. UTG was making a play on the turn and actually hit on the river - he had A8o for 2 pair but no good vs. JJJ :-)

I saw a final table on TV last night and a guy called a raise w/TT, 3 saw flop. Flop 7AJ (2 diamonds). Guy who raised (QQ) checked, TT checked, guy w/67d's also checked. Turn was a T!!!, QQ guy checked, set Ten guy checked!!, 67d guy bet, QQ guy called, TTT guy folded!!! River missed the other two, 67 guy put QQ guy all-in who called. Jesus christ, what a terrible weak fucking read by TTT guy. I was amazed at his pussyness and fookin terrible fold. I am as tight as a nun but even I would call. He had to literally have put someone on AAA because if say he put someone on KQ you would call on the turn hoping to boat on the river. What a fookin pussy!! Couldnt get over that.

Anyway at great start to the week, would love to see it continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home