Thursday, February 02, 2006

Hold up or dont hold up

An up and down day where 1/2 the time a hand held up and 1/2 the time it didnt. The key hands of the day:

(1.) On a 1/2 table, a ss raised two limpers to $8 in MP, I reraised from the SB to $30 w/QQ, SS had called and had $28 left, so I put him on something like AK. Flop came TK9, so I figured he hit but I actually have the odds to put him in from behind. Assuming he calls I will be investing $30 into a $120 pot, 3 to 1 odds, I need a Q or a Jack to hit, chances by river are about 3 to 1. It turned out he had KTs and he held up. Loss of $60

(2.) 1/2 table. EP raises to $6 and I am sole caller in SB w/AA. Flop is xxQ and I check he bets $8, I raise $8, he reraises $8, I call. Turn is a nothing, I check he bets $45 and I go into the tank...in the end I decide its a big bet and looks more defensive than very strong and I push, he calls w/AQo and I hold up. About $170 profit.

(3.) 1/2 table. I min. raise (no limpers) in CO w/88, button and BB call. Flop is 78T (2 of a suit), BB bets $10 and I raise to $30, BB calls. Turn is a nothing, BB checks I bet $60 into $70 pot, BB calls. River is a 6, BB checks as do I, BB has T9 for the straight...ick! I hated BB's play here and was glad I checked behind on river. Loss of $98

(4.) 2/4 table. I had KK in BB, EP was only limper I raised to $12 (wanted a call). Flop was all low, I wanted to play a small pot and have him call me all the way. He did and the top pair on flop came again on river, a 9, and when I bet $25 he raised to $75...feck it, I folded. Loss of $70.

(5.) 2/4 table. I call a min. raised flop w/33, family size. Flop is 345 (2 clubs), and min. raiser is a ss and bets $32 of his remain $50ish, button raises to $70ish ($200 left), I go into tank and decide I need to push and do, SS calls as does button. SS has a set of 4's, button has two clubs T2, but doesnt hit. SS takes main pot I take side pot. Profit $170.

(6.) 2/4 table. I am BB, Sb completes is headsup, I have K6d. Flop is K74 (2 diamonds), SB bets pot (I am happy to call here), turn another 7, SB bets $20, I call. River is a diamond, SB pushes for $180. Probably my only mistake of the night here, but dont fault myself too bad...I called. Sb had A9d's. Loss about $215.

(7.) 2/4 table. Cant recall how many people in hand but it was raised somewhat and I called w/77. Flop came something like 357 all clubs. Cant recall who raiser was but someone bet $45 and I went into tank again and decided I was good and pushed abd the bettor called w/AcKs, turn was a 5 so he was drawing dead to my boat which is good because the river was the Tc. Profit about $245.

Those were the major hands of the day and I ended being up about $85 total, LOL! Saw a lot of heavy betting but only came slightly ahead. When all is said and done I think I played well and will happily take it. On bad days I could lose all of these hands and be down a TON!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home