Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Rollercoaster ride!!

Wow, what an up and down day I had. I should've lost a TON! but I managed to minimize it and then comeback later.

First big loss was versus a maniac. He had already lost a buyin and was playing terribly and I was salivating to get into a hand with him. He overplayed and overbet all sorts of crap, would call river bets with no pair, all sorts of maniac stuff. Anyway I raised w/QQ to $14 and he called me in SB. Flop came 799 (2 hearts), he checked I bet $22 he raised pot to $90. If he has hit the flop hard I literally have to pay him off because he could have absolute air. Assuming I am best at this point I call. Turn is a nothing and he bets $270, I push a little more he calls and shows 92o!! No queen on river. What can ya do? Loss of $400.

Then I continue getting outdrawn for quite a while. I lose AA vs 44, KK vs JJ and QJ (flop QJx), lose JJ couple of times, hit a set of twos and lose to a set of tens, have J9spades flop 7s8sTd and split an all-in pot with J9 (no third spade came), 86d flop the straight lose to 4 card flush.

Can you believe all of those losses only put me down $470!!

Then my comeback happened and I had 99 in the BB, 4-way limped pot, flop 9QQ, I lead out pot, LP raised to $50 and I pushed. He had KQ and I held up to win $690 pot. Other hand I had 22 in a 4-way raised pot $14ea. Flop 29K, I was 2nd to act and led out for $25, button raised $25 and SB called as did I. Ten turn, Sb led out $50, I called as did button. Eight river, Sb led out $50 (now I felt my set was good) I raised $50, button called as did SB. Button had K9, Sb had KJ. Pot $650, profit about $436. I really liked how I played this hand.

I ended up the day with a $300 profit and was very, very happy about that finish.

Lets hope this week continues in this trend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home