Monday, February 13, 2006

Solid Week

Day 1 of the week was a loss for $100 but I never looked back after that. Ended up with a week profit of $2300 and only played a couple of hands poorly all week. My cards generally held up and I milked people just right. If I had one losing session the next one was a winner. On Sunday I even tried some headsup matches at $0.25/$0.50 and probably won about $100. I will slowly try to improve my short handed poker for a couple of reasons. One, you can make money quickly at it and two, when you get to the high stake games they are all short handed, ie 6 or less. Not saying I will ever get to the high stake level, but if I do I need to start putting in the leg work now.

I must say the headsup matches were a lot of fun and I always chose a table where I had a chip advantage. That is, the max buy-in is $50 and I would square off against people who bought in for $25 or less. Made it a lot easier to pressure them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home