Thursday, February 16, 2006

Finally screwed up

Been a while since I played a hand bad and its a good reminder of how not to play a hand. I also feel I played it bad because I had been getting pushed around. The hand prior I raised to $16 w/AK and was pot raised, which I folded to. Then I got dealt QQ UTG and raised again to $16, this time I got min. raised by a big stack. I called and the flop came 67J, he bet $30, I called. On the turn he bet pot and thats when it became crunch time. What am I ahead of here?....not much but I wasnt concentrating, minorly frustrated and I pushed, he called w/AA and held up. That put me down $480 on that table alone. On my other tables I wasnt fairing much better and somehow I must've accidentally clicked call w/KT in the SB to a raise...pot was like $50. FLop came AKx I check called about $25, turn another Ace, so I lead out $35, called. RIver another Ace! I lead out $45 and he pushed...ick, have to fold. So a nice chunk of change lost on a hand I would've easily folded - fook it. I managed to get some of my losses back when in a family pot I limped in LP w/J9c. Flop came 78T 2 spades. Pot is around $25, EP bets $15, MP raises to $30 I smooth call, EP folds. Turn is a nothing, MP bets $50...stinks of a possible flush draw but I decide to just call as I want him to stay. River is an Ace no flush and he bets $50 into a $200 pot and I raise him to $150, he calls w/78. I ended the night down about $290.

All my fault too and its lucky it wasnt more. When I lose I hope I learn something from it...what did I learn? QQ/JJ is not a good hand to be calling or raising all-in unimproved!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home